Meridian Scale Return Policy
All returns require a Return Authorization (RA) Number. All returned packages will be thoroughly inspected upon receipt and a determination will be made if eligibility requirements are met for credit, replacement, exchange or repair. Help us process your return quickly and efficiently by following these guidelines.
Unless stated otherwise, we gladly accept DEFECTIVE EXCHANGES on products within 30 days of original invoice date. Customers are requested to contact the product manufacturer and have a defective confirmation code issued prior to requesting an RA number. Meridian Scale shall have sole discretion as to the credit method. We may issue a credit, ship a replacement product, exchange or we may repair the item and return it to you.
Note: Some manufacturers have implemented return restrictions that prevent us from being able to accept returns or offer exchanges, replacements or credits on their products. All support as well as exchanges or replacements for DEFECTIVE merchandise, including within the first 30 days of ownership, must be handled directly with the product manufacturer.
At the sole discretion of Meridian Scale, NON-DEFECTIVE items may be accepted for return. All NON-DEFECTIVE returns are subject to a 20% re-stocking fee and are only accepted within 30 days of original invoice date. NON-DEFECTIVE returns on products that are not returnable to the product manufacturer are not accepted. Software and consumables such as labels and printer ribbons are not returnable.
ALL products being returned must be 100% complete and must be packaged in ORIGINAL PACKAGING. All packing materials, manuals, diskettes, CDs, digital media, blank warranty cards and other accessories and documentation must be included in the original packaging, as provided by the manufacturer. A return will not be processed, or a restocking fee may be charged in the event ANY items included in the original shipment are not present in the returned package. Items sent for return consideration will be immediately denied and Meridian Scale’s return policy will not be honored in the event that a return shipment is received by us improperly packaged, altered or physically damaged. The following criteria will be followed in rejecting returns and refusing credit:
- Products which are improperly packaged
- Products returned in non-qualified shipping container
- Packages affixed with counterfeit label(s) or affixed with labels exhibiting tampering
- Products with any standard certification labels removed (UL listing, capacity, brand name)
- Products or packages with barcode label removed
- Products with SERIAL NUMBER which does not match original SERIAL NUMBER
- DAMAGE: Cracked components or damage to wiring.
- DAMAGE: Any dents, scratches, defacement or abuse of base casting
- DAMAGE: Torn or punctured tape seals
- DAMAGE: Loose, damaged or removed screws/fasteners
- Contact the manufacturer. Upon diagnosis of a defect, the manufacturer will issue a defect confirmation code. Meridian Scale requires a defect confirmation code prior to issuing a Return Authorization Number.
- Call for a Return Authorization (RA) Number. Returns will not be accepted at out warehouse without a valid RA number. RA numbers expire after 14 days and the return will no longer accepted. Any return received without a valid RA number will be documented and returned.
- Insure and Ship the merchandise. We STRONGLY recommend that you FULLY insure your shipment. We also suggest that you use a "traceable carrier" such as UPS or FEDEX that can provide you with "proof of delivery". Meridian Scale shall not be responsible for items that are lost or damaged in transit. Postage and handling charges, both to and from our warehouse will be paid by you, the customer, and is non-refundable. In the event that the product you are returning does NOT meet the requirements described in this document, we will photograph the merchandise and packaging and prepare a detailed summary of our determination to deny the return. The merchandise will then be returned to you.